Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2: (Pickles to Pittsburgh) is an American 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Sony Pictures Animation. The film is the sequel to the 2009 film Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, which was loosely based on Judi and Ron Barrett's book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It is being directed by Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn, produced by Kirk Bodyfelt, and executive produced by the directors of the first film, Phil Lord and Chris Miller. Distributed by Columbia Pictures, the film is scheduled to be released on September 27, 2013.
The screenplay was written by John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein and Erica Rivinoja, and it is based on an original idea, and not on Pickles to Pittsburgh, Barrett's follow-up book. Cloudy 2 will continue right after the first film, where a food making satellite gets out of control, but its creator, young inventor Flint, and his friends, eventually manage to stop it. In the sequel, Flint and his friends are forced to leave their home town, but when the food machine awakens, this time producing living food beasts, they must return to save the world.
Most of the main cast will reprise their roles: Bill Hader as Flint Lockwood, Anna Faris as Sam Sparks, James Caan as Tim Lockwood, Andy Samberg as Brent McHale, Neil Patrick Harris as Steve, and Benjamin Bratt as Manny. New cast includes Terry Crews, who replaced Mr. T as Officer Earl; Will Forte, who voiced Joseph Towne in the first film, is set to voice Chester V; and Kristen Schaal as orangutan Barb.
After the disastrous food storm in the first film caused by his machine, Flint Lockwood and his friends are forced to leave the town of Swallow Falls. Flint accepts the invitation from his idol Chester V to join Live Corp, which has been tasked to clean the island, and where the best inventors in the world create technologies for the betterment of mankind. As Flint works for Live Corp, he eventually ends up getting himilited after he loses the vesting ceremony & accidently activating his Party-In-a-Box at the wrong time. Eventually Flint is called back to live corp to invetigate a problem that food animals are sprawning,learning to swim & the FLSDFR still works. Flint acceps the mission, as he does so he gathers his friends and uses his Grocery Deliverator, but leans it only works on food and so Uses his dads boat Upon arriving back at Swallow Falls, Flint discovers that his machine hascreated mutant food beasts like living pickles, hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees and apple pie-thons. When investigating an abadned live corp Outpost, they Find a Strawberry named Barry, Flint is scared at first but then become okey with it. Flint and his friends become amazed by the food that has sprawned, though makes Sam suspecious of Chester V's operations in swallow falls. .
- Bill Hader as Flint Lockwood, an inventor. Bridget Hoffman, Flint as 10 years old
- Anna Faris as Sam Sparks, a weather intern from New York City and Flint's love interest.
- James Caan as Tim Lockwood, Flint's technophobic single-father and a widower.
- Andy Samberg as Brent McHale, an infamous/former celebrity mascot of Baby Brent's Sardines, now known as Chicken Brent.
- Neil Patrick Harris as Steve the Monkey, Flint's pet Vervet monkey who communicates using a Speak and Spell monkey thought translator Flint invented.
- Benjamin Bratt as Manny, Sam's Guatemalan cameraman and a former doctor, co-pilot, and comedian.
- Terry Crews as Officer Earl Devereaux, the town's athletic cop.
- Khamani Griffin as Cal Devereaux, Earl's son
- Al Roker as Patrick Patrickson an anchorman
- Will Forte as Chester V, a world-famous super-inventor and the head of the Live Corp.
- Kristen Schaal as Barb, Chester V's talking and lipstick wearing orangutan with a human brain.
- Cody Cameron as Barry, a young happy living strawberry, and the pickles
- Melissa Sturm as Sentinel Louise, Live Corp Scientists
- Kris Pearn as Shrimpanzees,Sentinel Peter, Labcoat Jenny
- Craig Kellman as Fintly McCallahan, Idea Pants Guy
The first news of the sequel came out in April 2010, when website Io9 reported that the original directors, Phil Lord and Chris Miller, won't return for the sequel. In December 2011, it was reported that Cody Cameron, the story artist on the first film, and Kris Pearn, the head of story on the first, are set to direct the sequel, with Lord and Miller serving as exec-producers. John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein and Erica Rivinoja wrote the screenplay, which is based on an original idea, and not on Pickles to Pittsburgh, Barrett's follow-up book. In February 2012, it was announced that the sequel would be titled Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers, but has since been retitled Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. The film was originally scheduled for release on December 20, 2013, then pushed to February 7, 2014, before moving up to September 27, 2013. The music will be composed again by Mark Mothersbaugh.
- The previews and commericials have A Fifth of Beethoven by Walter Murphy and the Big Apple Band playing in the background.