|Species||Human And Born 6-28-1984|
|Family||Flint Lockwood (boyfriend)|
|First Appearance||Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs|
|Voiced By||Anna Faris|
Samantha Sparks is a young and pretty weather intern who once wanted to be a weather reporter, too. She soon falls in love with Flint Lockwood. They both set off for an adventure of delicious proportions. Sam is the deuteragonist of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and the tritagonist of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
Sam has large green eyes and shoulder-length blonde hair. Her hair is held loose for part of the first movie. For the rest of the first movie, she wears her hair in a ponytail held by a Jello Ring, and large glasses. She usually wears a pink tank-top, a mint green blazer, brown skinny pants with a white belt around it, and brown shoes for most of the first movie. She also wears a silver watch on her left wrist, and a silver bracelet on her right wrist. She seems to wear earrings and a necklace. Near the end of the first movie, she wears a white tank-top. When she gets touched by the peanut brittle, her arm and whole face swelled up. In the second movie, she wears her hair in a loose ponytail with side bangs, a pink unbuttoned shirt tied in a knot at the bottom front with rolled up sleeves, a dark violet tank top underneath, shorts that reach her thigh, beige hiking boots, and socks, which makes her bear a striking resemblance to Ellie Sattler from Jurassic Park, except for the fact that Sam wears glasses.
Sam is friendly, sweet, likable, perky, beautiful, brave, fun, outgoing, very smart and sometimes shy. When she first started as a weather reporter, she got a little nervous and tounge-tied, but after that she was great on camera. Sam can also be very protective and caring, as she did not want to drop the rope that Flint was holding when she touched the peanut brittle. Sam can sometimes talk a lot, especially when she gets nervous and/or excited, as she talked a lot when she was about to be the weather reporter in Swallow Falls. Alternatively, Sam could get a little emotionally hyperactive at times, but quickly turns meek and quiet when accidentally saying something smart, however she later overcame this after encouragement from Flint. She is considered "a nerd" by Patrick Patrickson when he saw her hair in a ponytail.
When she was younger, Sam's look included a ponytail and big glasses, and she was called 'a nerd', just like Flint. She also was very fascinated with the science of weather and she was a nerd. While the other girls wanted a Barbie, Sam wanted a Doppler Weather Radar 2000 Turbo. Unfortunately everyone used to taunt her with a lame song. "Four Eyes! Four Eyes! You need glasses to see!" Due to that, Sam got a new look, gave up science, and was never made fun of again. Sam still needs glasses, but she never wears them.
Years later while hanging out with Flint, he thinks Sam looks great with glasses on. Next, Flint puts the glasses on Sam, without giving her a chance to say no to putting her glasses on. Sam goes like "Nothing", then, Flint creates a Jello Ring and uses it to tie her hair into a ponytail. Sam then ends up revealing her true colors in the Jell-O castle.
GallerySee Sam Sparks/Gallery
- Sam's favorite food is Jell-O, and at one point in the movie, Flint made her a Jell-O castle.
- Sam only has her hair down and no glasses until the Jell-O scene.
- She appears to be from New York City, even though it is not mentioned in the movie.
- Sam is super smart, but she tries not to be because she is embarrassed about it.
- Sam is allergic to anything with peanuts in it. When she touched the peanut brittle in the first movie, her arm and face started to swell up.
- In the sequel, Sam has lots of references to Ellie Sattler from the first Jurassic Park movie
- Her green eyes are causing them to appear almost teal
- Both are females
- Both wear different outfits before they wear their usual outfits
- Both wear loose ponytails, pink unbuttoned shirts tied in a knot at the bottom front with rolled up sleeves, dark violet tank tops underneath, shorts that reach their thighs, beige hiking boots, and socks, (except that Sam wears her glasses)
- Both don't know why they changed to their outfits
- Both partner up with guys (Sam with Flint and Ellie with Alan Grant)
- Unlike Ellie, Sam never lost her pink unbuttoned shirt
- Both explore different places (Ellie with Jurassic Park and Sam with the Transformed Swallow Falls, although Sam had been to Swallow Falls
- Both look at wonders in different places (Sam with the Foodimals at the Transformed Swallow Falls and Ellie with the Dinosaur eggs at the Jurassic Park Visitor Center)
- Both try to escape from animals in the different places they're at (Ellie with Dinosaurs and Sam with the Foodimals)
- Both are on a vehicle (Sam on the boat with Flint,Tim, Earl, Manny, Steve, Brent, and Ellie on a helicopter with Alan and John)
|Flint Lockwood • Sam Sparks • Steve • Tim Lockwood • Brent McHale • Earl Devereaux • Manny • FLDSMDFR • Mayor Shelbourne • Barry • Pickles • Cal Devereaux • Ratbirds • Foodimals|
|Fran Lockwood • Joe Towne • Regina Devereaux • Rufus • Patrick Patrickson • Shamo • Sardines • Milly • Weather News Network Producer • Vance LaFleur • Piece of Cake|